?'s about hauling stuff with a 4/6 drop with AVS C-Notch!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm just going to wait an see how it goes before I buy helper bags the reason behide this is I plan on buying a new motor "from summitracing" an a tranny "from moster" to put in the truck as well as lowering it so $ will be tight after all this. If it comes down to it I won't haul the wood lol!!

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think there's a guy on here that runs them an if I remember correctly he said he like's them I just can't remember who it was or where I seen the post at maybe he will see my thread an chime in hopefully.
I found a set of monroe adjustable air-max shocks that can hold up to 1200lbs. for the price of $80.00
The thing that i'm worried about with them is can I run them with me be lowered.....the 4/6 kit comes with shock exteneders does this mean I could run these?

Last edited:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have run stock length shock's with extender's, only on one truck I had a problem of the shock's being to long even with extender's, but usually not. If I were going to do what you are as far as lowering, I would get the compressed and fully extended dimensions for a rear drop shock for a 88-98, and then cross reference them to a regular shock like a Monroe, then see what vehicle's that shock fit's, and order Air shock's for that vehicle, that way they would be the same length as drop shock's.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
With the angles that the rear shocks sit at from the factory, Your gonna have to pump them up rock hard to get significant lift from them. Just go with the bags, you'll be happy you did.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just go with the bags, you'll be happy you did.

Yeah but my wife an wallet won't lol.... see my thing is i'm on a budget of 4,000 to 4,500 the motor is $1,700 then the tranny is $1,300 the 4/6 drop around $1,000give or take a few with shocks an avs-c-notch see my problem lol!!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Yeah but my wife an wallet won't lol.... see my thing is i'm on a budget of 4,000 to 4,500 the motor is $1,700 then the tranny is $1,300 the 4/6 drop around $1,000give or take a few with shocks an avs-c-notch see my problem lol!!

Bags are only about $300.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just saw a Christmas sale Jeg's flyer
and they have helper bag's for $250, during the holiday's.