Roof rack delete Tahoe/Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dropping it off Monday to get the windshield replaced and rack taken off, holes filled and painted

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

slipping

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! Want to get mine done one day in the future. My tax return going towards washer, dryer, fridge, 22s for the how and try to get some more stuff for bagging it. Didn't have time to work on the plates today. Can't wait to see pics of it!

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! Want to get mine done one day in the future. My tax return going towards washer, dryer, fridge, 22s for the how and try to get some more stuff for bagging it. Didn't have time to work on the plates today. Can't wait to see pics of it!

Ill post pics should be ready in a week

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it would look better to just fill the holes and paint it

Absolutely it would, but it's not exactly a budget-conscious way to do it. If I'm to have the holes filled and roof painted, then I'm having it done properly. That means having the holes welded up. The headliner has to be dropped, so that means half the interior has to come apart, then having the whole roof of a Suburban painted, not to mention the bodywork. Materials and labor aren't going to be cheap for a job like this and I surely don't have that kind of money these days.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Absolutely it would, but it's not exactly a budget-conscious way to do it. If I'm to have the holes filled and roof painted, then I'm having it done properly. That means having the holes welded up. The headliner has to be dropped, so that means half the interior has to come apart, then having the whole roof of a Suburban painted, not to mention the bodywork. Materials and labor aren't going to be cheap for a job like this and I surely don't have that kind of money these days.

I hear you on that, if it wasn't for the windshield being cracked and rust starting along the top I wouldn't be doing this would spend the money on something else, I got a pretty good deal I think, replacing the windshield, cleaning up the rust, remove rack, remove and install headliner, weld the holes and paint the roof for $1500 best deal I could find everyone wanted more

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hear you on that, if it wasn't for the windshield being cracked and rust starting along the top I wouldn't be doing this would spend the money on something else, I got a pretty good deal I think, replacing the windshield, cleaning up the rust, remove rack, remove and install headliner, weld the holes and paint the roof for $1500 best deal I could find everyone wanted more

Yeah, you got a damn good deal on it.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, you got a damn good deal on it.

Gonna stop by today and see how its going, ill get some pics and hopefully its ready for tommrow, its only like 16hrs of work but primer, paint has to dry and the windshield has to sit for a forgot how long before you drive it

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update: rack off, holes welded, its primered, just waiting on paint then the windshield, looks good so far, it will be done next week, I'm guessing around Wensday

You must be registered for see images attach