replacing temperature sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hello
i want to replace the temp sensor on top of the manifold as a refreshment.
can you tell me what's the difference between the two parts?
You must be registered for see images attach

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
www.amazon.com/General-Motors-15326386-Coolant-Temperature/dp/B008Y8T2T0/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=15326386&qid=1637566089&sr=8-3

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

www.amazon.com/Genuine-19187357-Engine-Coolant-Temperature/dp/B00GUGVE58/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=19187357&qid=1637566133&sr=8-1

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

No idea what's different other than the price. They look the same to me. Maybe the thread size/pitch is different--15326386 is listed as having 3/8-18 (NPT), the other perhaps is metric???

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You were on the Nemi GM webpage, you should have just entered your vin for your specific parts. Or AC Delco parts home page and enter vin. Is your truck a C105(16) which i think is a 2 wheel drive 2 door tahoe ?

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just curious...any reason to refresh the sensor?
Are you also replacing the connector as well?
I'm working topside in that area on mine and like your idea, just wondering if this is good insurance or chancing opening another can of electrical worms?

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the exhaust smells so i think it's a good idea to replace some of the cheap parts, like the ect, the o2 etc. the connector i'm not replacing.
i bought a used solus pro scanner but it seems too complicated for me...

WV_Dave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're way better off, in my opinion, to try and get the live data from the computer somehow rather than throwing parts at it. Even the cheap and easy to get to ones. It's more likely you'll replace a good part with a new chinesium part that fails out of the box.

If you're OBD1, like my 1994 suburban 7.4, then an ALDL cable (about $50 but not sure on your shipping) and the tuner pro software (free, donations appreciated) is the cheapest and easiest way to look at your actual live data stream (and working laptop is necessary). You'll learn so much more. I found out the root of my "running rich" problems was actually low fuel pressure.

The software can seem complicated at first, but it's actually really easy to use if you're just using it to watch your sensor data and data log.

I know nothing about the scanner you mentioned. Maybe someone will come along that could help more with it.

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coolant sensors don't need to be replaced at a certain interval. Service life is indefinite.

O2 sensors wear-out in use. They do need to be replaced periodically.

The Solus Pro should tell you everything you need to know. What are you having trouble with?

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Smelly exhaust, although i think- not sure- that it sorted out after i replaced the fuel pump.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fergbkf