Replacing GM alarm w/Viper Help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That keyless has the capability to do 5 wire door locks and most of the time, the 2 door models need 5 wire...... to test if you need to use 5 wire or positive trigger is to check if your door lock wires rest at ground. If they do, then 5 wire.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your viper only has negative (-) door lock activation, so a relay of some sort is needed. Either to activate a 5 wire system or a positive (+) trigger system
I believe DEI makes a plug in piece, but I use just a couple relays. I buy them by the 100 so they are cheap to me, and I understand how to use them...

FATBAK

Reaction score
Your viper only has negative (-) door lock activation, so a relay of some sort is needed. Either to activate a 5 wire system or a positive (+) trigger system
I believe DEI makes a plug in piece, but I use just a couple relays. I buy them by the 100 so they are cheap to me, and I understand how to use them...
Thank You. I've wired hundreds of relays so no problem. Thanks for how to tell if I need them.