replacing battery cables

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody302

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
@magimerlin I have a wire coming off the small lug currently connected to the Ground terminal in my junction box. It has a crimp terminal on the end so I think its supposed to be there?

I just wanna be sir before I go ahead and cut anything as I am working with a limited amount of tools at the moment bevause alot of mine got stolen

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The starter grounds to the motor when it mounts/bolts to it.. you do not externally ground the started....

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you post a pic of the junction box.. if it is the long strip with about 6 or so studs it gets no ground... that is power distribution only...

Cody302

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only reason I'm saying I think it belongs the there is because it has a terminal and that's where it was before I pulled the trans and it always ran fine before?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing there gets grounded.... the black with red tracer goes to your large lug on your starter. It is not a ground but your power to that distribution block...

Cody302

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It says Ground on the cover of the power block?
so what do I connect the other end for black and red wire?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The other end goes to the large stud on your starter..... keep it where it's at on the distribution block..

There should be a purple(if i remember right) wire down near the starter that will go to the small stud on the starter...that is from your ignition and is only hot when your key goes to the start position..

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where does it say ground on there?? Pic please..... I don't recall seeing that on either of my 94's which are the same set up