Recreating my highschool truck, the way I always wanted it to be

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Completed a quick little project last night, that went way easier than expected. The result was everything i envisioned, and i am super happy with it!

My new head unit has 2 usb ports. one for charging and one for android auto. The cables are decent length, but i had no way to secure them. I jumped online and found a round dual usb port.
I removed the factory cig lighter plug, and using a dremel opened up the hole slightly. Then installed the usb ports there.

I now have easy access to the ports, and can close the ash tray when not in use.

You must be registered for see images attach

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
found a set of wheels and now sourcing the supplies for the drop. staged a pic to see how they will look.

4/6 drop on drag pack style 17x7 and 15x10

also new door seals are inbound today. i am apparently missing the top ones completely on both sides.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
found a set of wheels and now sourcing the supplies for the drop. staged a pic to see how they will look.

4/6 drop on drag pack style 17x7 and 15x10

also new door seals are inbound today. i am apparently missing the top ones completely on both sides.

Do you have a link for those door seals as I am needing to replace mine as well and can't find the correct listing?

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have a link for those door seals as I am needing to replace mine as well and can't find the correct listing?
found them on LMC. item 11, but depends on your year.

Last edited:

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You've got that truck all cleaned up and looking nice. The black grille looks sharp against the clean white paint. Is that pic with the 4/6 drop? I like the wheel and tire combo. It looks great.
No drop yet, I just rolled them over there to see how it would look. The fenders should be right at the top of the tires when I'm done.