Recreating my highschool truck, the way I always wanted it to be

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It has factory exhaust back to the muffler, which has been replaced with a Flowmaster. It originally ran to the passenger rear fender, but I cut it off just before the axle with some turn downs for now. It will all eventually be replaced.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should i bedline, or get one of those rubber mats like used to be popular in the 90s?

color matched bedline may be nice, but i dont know what color yet. lol
bed liner looks really good though when its fresh. when its grey and faded, not so much.

I'm a fan of bed liner, but not just in the bed. When it's done right it looks great and if you get the right kind, it lasts.

Check out what Speed Liner has, so far as I've seen they're the only brand of liner that can do the full spectrum of automotive colors. The rest I've seen are just tints so the color is dull.

This is a jeep from a local shop and I be believe they used speed liner, though grey isn't the best example for what I mean

Attachments

• 20230930_182853.jpg
    20230930_182853.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230930_182902.jpg
    20230930_182902.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 8

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a good example from speedliners website

You must be registered for see images attach

My point being, you can get liner with color that both matches and pops in your bed if you want. Just depends on your goals and preferences.

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a good example from speedliners website

You must be registered for see images attach

My point being, you can get liner with color that both matches and pops in your bed if you want. Just depends on your goals and preferences.
this is a good idea, if i can find someone locally that does this. Also, i have to decide what color..

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is a good idea, if i can find someone locally that does this. Also, i have to decide what color..
I used this tool in their website to find my (only) local installer

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you get these springs in?! Do I have to use a spring compressor?
From what I remember doing mine, just a floor Jack under the ball joint and a pry bar keeping the spring tensioned in the lower pocket.

Just put a chain or ratchet strap to keep the spring from removing your jaw if it pops out.