Rebuilder for EBC4 4-wheel ABS module?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tucano396

Reaction score
1994 Suburban, ABS light is always on

Not sure if I have the "mushy/squishy/soft/sag" pedal behavior... I've got good stopping power, but after sitting at a stop the truck will gradually begin to creep forward as if I was releasing the brakes. Only options are either to release and press again, or to progressively jam my foot further down until it's floored and I have to release and press again anyway.

Master cylinder was replaced by previous owner, who I now suspect knew of this problem. Mechanic (who I've known for years and fully trust) did everything he could to wake up the ABS module but it wouldn't respond to any voltage inputs. He suspects the behavior described above is something seized in the ABS module's fluid circuit that's allowing gradual internal bypass

Before I attempt the module-ectomy and plumb the lines together, does anybody know of a rebuild service?

1) Circuit Board Medics in North Carolina was recommended on a few forums but said they don't work on the EBC4
2) Somebody mentioned Module Experts in Jacksonville FL but they refused to explain their warranty process to me, which made sense once I saw their BBB page. Yikes...
3) On S10 forum somebody recommended Brian's Speedometers but I haven't been able to get a response from him via email or FB, and his website (https://www.gaugerepairman.com/) seems to just direct me to other websites.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1994 Suburban, ABS light is always on

Not sure if I have the "mushy/squishy/soft/sag" pedal behavior... I've got good stopping power, but after sitting at a stop the truck will gradually begin to creep forward as if I was releasing the brakes. Only options are either to release and press again, or to progressively jam my foot further down until it's floored and I have to release and press again anyway.

Master cylinder was replaced by previous owner, who I now suspect knew of this problem. Mechanic (who I've known for years and fully trust) did everything he could to wake up the ABS module but it wouldn't respond to any voltage inputs. He suspects the behavior described above is something seized in the ABS module's fluid circuit that's allowing gradual internal bypass

Before I attempt the module-ectomy and plumb the lines together, does anybody know of a rebuild service?

1) Circuit Board Medics in North Carolina was recommended on a few forums but said they don't work on the EBC4
2) Somebody mentioned Module Experts in Jacksonville FL but they refused to explain their warranty process to me, which made sense once I saw their BBB page. Yikes...
3) On S10 forum somebody recommended Brian's Speedometers but I haven't been able to get a response from him via email or FB, and his website (https://www.gaugerepairman.com/) seems to just direct me to other websites.
Maybe not what your looking for, but…

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That monster 4WAL unit on the early Suburbans is unique to the 1992-1994 SUV models. It's very different from the units on any of the other 400's. I don't believe anybody is rebuilding them.

Your symptom really sounds more like a bad master cylinder; just because previous owner replaced it doesn't mean it's good.

Richard