Rear wiper question, How much travel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Howdy gents.

I;m looking to retro a sub/blazed/tahoe/yuk rear wiper on to my truck cap.

Looking at them mounted on the rear glass, I'm wondering how much travel they have.

Is it a full 180 from left to right or less? Or more?

When I mount it to my truck, it won't be through the glass so I actually need it to travel less than a full 180.

I guess I could always crack open the controller and maybe get lucky with some travel limit switches that could be adjusted.

But somehow, I'm thinking it's all digital in there....

So, how much swipe do you get?

:)

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a thought due to it will be mounted almost the same and have the "correct" sweep

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I can let you know in the morning. Even take a video of it in action if you want. Why not go through the glass? It would look much cleaner that way. Almost factory.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I can let you know in the morning. Even take a video of it in action if you want. Why not go through the glass? It would look much cleaner that way. Almost factory.

Tempered glass doesn't "drill" very well. :)

Besides, its a truck cap. There is no factory wiper option.

The s10 unit is looking better and better. They're also far more common.

The question is whether or not it can be made to work with a gmt400 dash switch. S10 has hi/lo, GMT has delay/hi....

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could use a gmt800 switch maybe? The one in the wifes burb just has a 1 an a 2.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
You could use a gmt800 switch maybe? The one in the wifes burb just has a 1 an a 2.

Nah, I'll just adapt an s10 one to my dash if that's the case.

I was looking at a gmt400 switch for an OEM look. If I have to "hack it", I'll just use the right switch for the system.

Checking the wiring diagrams, it appears they are not interchangeable. Has to do with the way the wiper motor interprets the signal frm the switch...