Rear window seal/fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the proper thread but I noticed a rattling noise the other day going down the driveway and realized it was coming from the rear glass. It appears the lower seam of the whole sliding glass unit is detaching itself from the cab of my truck. I was curious if that’s a common issue and if anyone has a suggestion to fix it. I thought about silicone but I’m afraid it won’t hold and will just make a mess. Thanks!

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the proper thread but I noticed a rattling noise the other day going down the driveway and realized it was coming from the rear glass. It appears the lower seam of the whole sliding glass unit is detaching itself from the cab of my truck. I was curious if that’s a common issue and if anyone has a suggestion to fix it. I thought about silicone but I’m afraid it won’t hold and will just make a mess. Thanks!
ive had it happen on my f150. I had to break in one day I locked the keys in and I already had issues with the rear slider due to age/availability of seals, so I went that way to get in. I the next day picked up 3m window weld and sealed it shut to the body, the panes, and sealed some of the glazing,seals around the panes. I didnt make it pretty but did it inside. Im planning to replace it, why not.

if you have no plans to change it, you may wwant to clean it up really good and follow the entire sealing surface outside the truck with a plastic tool and see if it has any other problems, if so, you could seal it with appropiate stuff or you could decide something else depending on hwat you find. If you are talking that outer perimeter, I would make sure the top is sealed, period, and the bottom to be sealed but with special attention to make sure you dont create a path for water to work in behind everything so check out the slider condition on the plastic, metal parts.