Rear disc brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i havnt tried the freezer trick, but it sounds like a good way to do them to me!

Bowtiewarrior

Reaction score
I have the 14B SF and the pictures show the alum spacer and that is the reason I bought the kit vs trying to make my own brackets brackets, rotors, calipers, pads and lug studs/nuts totaled up to $220 I spent another $100 On braided stainless lines for the truck and adapters and junk from russles and earls but other than the lug nuts studs it was very simple and easy

You must be registered for see images attach

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that looks very similar to what i put together. the kit is prob the way to go so you dont have to cut off and weld up the caliper mounts from the front. i also have a 1/4" spacer on mine thats in between the back of the wheel and the axle flange because the studs stuck throught too far. ill take my wheels off and get pics if anyone is interested in seeing it. but looking at his pics it looks alot easier to by the kit.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So...To rehash this subject...For a 2-wheel drive 1988-1998 pick-up truck, needing a 10 bolt rear disc conversion, use the '94-'96 Impala SS rear rotors & calipers?

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a hub that can be used on the front so that a hat style rotor can be used? That way a ZO6 caliper and 14-15" rotor can be used and be way cheaper than a Baer or Wilwood setup.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
The bracket these guys sell are for 5 & 6 lug rear disc brake conversions, they tell you all the parts you need and you source them out yourself.

https://www.cunninghammachine.com/speed-shop/

The thing I don't like about the Cunningham brackets is all the force is on the pins when you're braking. If you look at these

The bracket extends past the pin and against the flat on the caliper. Now the rotational force is on the bracket, not the pin.

Will the pin bend or break with the Cunningham Machine bracket, I don't know but I'm concerned enough I wouldn't buy them depending on what caliper they use. The caliper you 're using in your swap is designed to take the load on the pins, the "Cadillac" style calipers (pictured above) with the parking brake aren't

Last edited: