Rear disc brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Ive had so many problem with my rear disk that at time I wanted to switch back to drums. Ive always had a hard time bleeding them and after we bagged the truck I removed all the E brake suff. But they do look cool

Problem as in air getting back in while trying to bleed em?

Most auto parts stores have auto bleeders that are one way valved to do a one man bleeding. Usually a Help! item at Advance Auto Parts.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Problem as in air getting back in while trying to bleed em?

Most auto parts stores have auto bleeders that are one way valved to do a one man bleeding. Usually a Help! item at Advance Auto Parts.

I ended up buying a brake bleeder off the tool truck it runs off compressed air. One of the bet tools Ive ever bought!

1buda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see what you guys are saying about mismatched parts and trying to remember what was used. I just think disk brakes looks cleaner than drums.

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok here is what i'm going to use for my swap sometime next year.

1995 Impala SS rear rotors (Edit: the holes for the studs will need machined to 5/8")
$49.95 each Summit racing part #SUM-DSEP-55017R #SUM-DSEP-55017L

Speedway calipers with e-brake NEW not rebuilt and no core charge
$99.99 each loaded Speedway motors part #910-31046 1 left, 1 right

Caliper brackets
$9.99 each Speedway motors part #916-41009 2 needed

Brake line
$49.99 pair Speedway motors part #617-8564 1 needed (come as a pair)

Spacer for E-brake cable will fab up wheen needed

Total $369.85 plus shipping

If i'm missing something please let me know.

Last edited:

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The one thing Im planning on doing when I redo my truck is removing the ABS and installing the older type booster and master cylinder. But have any of you guys ever seen a upgrade for the factory master cylinder?