Rear disc brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im unsure how to post up pics as im new to this site...but i used alll chevy truck parts when i did my rear axle. i used a 76 12 bolt rear and the calipers pads rotors ( basically just the part numbers as i bought all new but the old parts make good moch up ) and the caliper mounting brackets from an 80s gm 10 bolt front.. now there are a few little tricks to it but it can be done i have proof. you will also need the studs from the front and lug nuts. for my application i needed the older style wheels as the opening in the center is bigger and stock wheels will no longer fit..however you do need to run spacers thiis way as the 76 was 3 inch narrower than the 10 bolt from our trucks. if anyone is interested in the rest id love to help!!

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the way it did mine it has so much power that i had to put a proportioning valve in the back to turn them down, other wise under heavy braking they will just lock up and slide. when i got the pressure right to where they would still lock up a little bit but only under extreme braking it made a world of difference. but the way mine are make the pedal a little softer because they flow alot of fluid. i used braided stainless lines so they dont flex as much as stock and overall im very pleased with how simple they are to work on and how well they stop compared to drums. i dont know how the pedal would feel with stock lines though it may be even softer? i would do this swap again if i had to if that helps any.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are you guys switching over from drums to disc's for the looks?? or it helps the truck stop better??
id convert mine too if it helps stop better

thanks, jorge

I love the way they look but Im sure there better than drums
You must be registered for see images attach

92terminator

Reaction score
the way it did mine it has so much power that i had to put a proportioning valve in the back to turn them down, other wise under heavy braking they will just lock up and slide. when i got the pressure right to where they would still lock up a little bit but only under extreme braking it made a world of difference. but the way mine are make the pedal a little softer because they flow alot of fluid. i used braided stainless lines so they dont flex as much as stock and overall im very pleased with how simple they are to work on and how well they stop compared to drums. i dont know how the pedal would feel with stock lines though it may be even softer? i would do this swap again if i had to if that helps any.

thanks, that makes me feel alot better about converting to disc brakes, i will for sure!! i just hope i dont have that locking up problem specially on a wet road