Rear disc brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supjim12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No but if you give me a few days I can give you a run down and post it up. You looking for 5,6, or 8 lug axle?

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im gonna throw a guess out that he wants a 5 lug.

but a 6 lug would be cool too.

we need both jim.

supjim12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can find the kits but individual parts are an arm and a leg to come by. Once I get everything found out I will post up. I will include 1988-1992 light and heavy duty brakes 1992 and up as well both 2WD and 4X4 .

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Like what was said, I know a 98 Camaro has the same rear 10 bolt as the pickup but with disk brakes. Good luck.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I bought mu truck it already had the rear disk convertion done but just like everything on the truck they had to be redone. The kit that was used was the 1st gen SSBC kit. The rotors were off of a ford LTD but the rotors off a impala ss or a caprice will also work. The calipers are off a 85 olds toronado. As for the brackets Ive seen a them on speedway motors.

supjim12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
see this is where it falls into a hard spot. I know the backing plate and caliper mounts from a caprice fits, front calipers from an early '80's cutlass monte work as well same as the pads. rotors fall into 3 areas caprice heavy duty police pakage, camaro SS 97-03, also late 70's vet rotors mount up as well. Then the prop valve is an adjustable would surfice. My only issue is the mismatching of parts I would say run a kit, that way it scomes with everything and will include replacement part numbers as well.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive had so many problem with my rear disk that at time I wanted to switch back to drums. Ive always had a hard time bleeding them and after we bagged the truck I removed all the E brake suff. But they do look cool

You must be registered for see images attach