rear bumper raise ideas (BL)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can lift the bumper and put a behind roll pan hitch and it will work. I have it done on my truck. It may be a bit a bit more difficult because of it only being a 2 inch on yours. With my 3 inch body lift and roll pan hitch i still had to notch my bumper for the draw bar to fit and it will not come out unless you unbolt and drop one side of the hitch
You must be registered for see images attach

Wow man i love your truck! and your setup looks the best ive ever seen. Did you raise your bumper with the brackets?

Ive seen the brackets everywhere but have heard you can use them on 4dr yukon/tahoes. something about the bumper being welded directly to the frame

fasrnu

Reaction score
Thanks its a great old truck. yeah I used the brackets but on tahoes and yukons I normally just cut and re-weld stock brackets instead of buying brackets and having to cut and modify them anyway. The openings in the frame are not deep enough for the lift brackets because of the gas tank being right there.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so what exactly is going to have to be done on my bumper? take the outer brackets swap them and flip them. then what?

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i hve zone 3inch on mine. dont know of any 2 but you can cut the end of frame off striaght down and reweld it higher. either way yu have to cut it off so since i dont thnk theres 2inch brackets do that and reinforce and should be good. my hitch hangs down but it dont bother me as much as bumper down did.

and the people who say truck brackets work are wrong completely. the stock bumper bolts to the frame not a bracket.

RTM355

Reaction score
I'm going to weld my bumper up just take it off get some one to help you mark it up where you would need to weld it back up at its new location.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
can i just bolt it up through the top two holes and re weld the outer brackets higher?

RTM355

Reaction score
You can do anything if you know its going to work . You got to make sure you dont put it to high because you can cause your tailgate not to lower right . If that makes since. You can do a lot when you have a welder and are able to work the problems out that you have to work with. You know?