Really wish ppl would stop bringing me trucks with hydraulic fluid in trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of my friends got his dad's 66, or 65 Dodge Dart, three speed manual, he said " can you believe it , uses ATF for transmission fluid". Kind of a rattletrap.

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
100LL Avgas still has tetra-ethyl lead although they're working on eliminating it because flying doesn't cost enough already. Does not have Ethanol. Base-stock is of a better grade than the piss that gets "enhanced" with all sorts of additives, urinated out of a gas pump for automobiles. 100LL is not going to smell anything like modern "premium" gasoline.

When you spill pump gas on the tank of a bike, the stuff barely evaporates, leaves a slime trail like a snail went across the tank. 100LL evaporates fast and completely, leaving almost zero residue, and what tiny bit does remain is dry, not slimy.

In short, it's much closer to the fuel that went into car tanks in the '60s and even into the '70s.

No doubt the memorable smell is highly toxic.
I hate ethanol. Yeah, modern gas ain't worth $hit, I wish we still had real stuff without all the government mandated bull$hit in it.

Done that many a time, but never thought about it.

Meh, I'd rather smell good stuff that's highly toxic than worthless crap that is still toxic.

Most certainly appreciate the info on the Avgas 100, but how come the exhaust on a feedback-fuel-injected engine smells nasty with no cat? I know some people hate the smell of catless exhaust, I love it, but is there any difference between exhaust from a carbureted engine vs a modern fuel injected engine? I wouldn't think there would be, but if so I'd love to know more.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See, you would have been taller if you hadn't started drinking coffee so young.
Started smoking cigs at 14,weed at 15,snortin coc and drinking liquor at 18. Do you really think the coffee made any difference? These days all I do is coffee and cigs,gave all that other stupid $hit up years ago.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a thing. When you have worked with 100 LL, it does evaporate away faster than any auto fuel . And does not leave any obvious residue on your hands.
During the Reno Air Races , they had the fuel supplier mix 115/145 for use in the large engine and unlimited classes.
I bet you remember the Sunoco 180 that was sold back in the 70's The local dirt track racers ran that in their race cars and haul trucks. The engine in the truck was the back up motor for the race car.