Really wish ppl would stop bringing me trucks with hydraulic fluid in trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Yep, I do cream, cinnamon and cayenne in the coffee... straight black eats a hole in my gut. The cayenne and cinnamon start off floating but eventually sink so each cup gets spicier and spicier as it goes down... yummy. Don't know about health benefits, but they certainly can't hurt, except for the residue getting in my eyes of course.

I'm going to try that. I'm a little skeptical, but I'll still try. It sounds like you're using it as a topping. I do brew cinnamon in my coffee once in a while. I've never tried cayenne, but I have some.

I did try brewing black pepper in my coffee once. It didn't' taste spicy, just gross.

l1lartur0

Reaction score
Really wish people would stop brining me coffee with froufrou stuff in it.
A buddy of mine's favorite saying is "if you put something in it, it ain't coffee anymore" ;)
Medium roast with chicory throughout the day and I'm good. Liked adding a splash of Irish cream every now and then (put the kibosh on alcohol) but other than that not big on "un-coffee-ing" my coffee. Only exception is to mask a really bad brew (burned, watered down, unknown what-the-f*ck-is-wrong-with-this... ).

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Really wish people would stop brining me coffee with froufrou stuff in it.
I'm not a coffee drinker. However, decades ago my first wife introduced me to Arabic coffee (she's from Syria) - super strong, little cups with the grounds in the bottom, straight from being boiled in the copper pot. Maybe a single sugar cube added if you want. Rocket fuel. I don't bother seeking it out anymore; prepping it is too much like work.. but I still have the tiny cups and saucers in the cabinet for some dumbass reason.

Second (current, and hopefully last) wife.. drinks coffee all the time. She has some that she swears is excellent but to me it smells like cat piss when it's brewing. If she's out of cream for it, sometimes she'll toss a small scoop of ice cream in it. She's weird, but I love her anyway. Might as well, pretty sure I'm stuck with her.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
And shakes too -- chocolate, or whatever flavor -- please leave the crap off the top.

If I want whipped cream and a cherry, I'll order a sundae.
Agreed - but if only the whipped cream was real, then maybe it would be appreciated more. Fake "whipped topping" is gross.

I dig real whipped cream on some desserts. These pics are from covid-lockdown-curbside service times where we'd still go grab dinner from our favorite Italian place. The dessert is their budino - a hazelnut/chocolate mousse topped with whipped cream, shaved dark chocolate, and of course hazelnuts. My kitty Rowdy (RIP) was interested in how it smelled, but her main focus was being able to lick the condensation off the outside of the container. She was a fiend for that, for some reason. Always wanting to lick bottles and glasses. If she saw condensation, she was all over it.

You must be registered for see images attach

How much farther can we take this one off the rails? It's starting to feel like a high dive off the Pecos High Bridge :Big Laugh:

Richard

l1lartur0

Reaction score
I'm not a coffee drinker. However, decades ago my first wife introduced me to Arabic coffee (she's from Syria) - super strong, little cups with the grounds in the bottom, straight from being boiled in the copper pot. Maybe a single sugar cube added if you want. Rocket fuel. I don't bother seeking it out anymore; prepping it is too much like work.. but I still have the tiny cups and saucers in the cabinet for some dumbass reason.
Used to make that, as well. Still have the little copper pot with the wooden stick handle. As you said, a lot of effort for such a small amount of coffee!