Really wish ppl would stop bringing me trucks with hydraulic fluid in trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peezy555

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I’m no way am I saying that I know it all. I learn stuff everyday and keep my ears open and head on a swivel to any all all things trans.. I hope to never run outta new things to learn and will keep an open mind to everything. I’m genuinely trying my best to help these trucks that came from the factory with sub par auto trans and not really a fighting chance to live a long and healthy life like the rest of em. GMT 400s and 800s hold a special place in my heart and will always be my task to kept healthy

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
That’s most ppl reactions to my statement. 9 outta of 10 ppl say the same thing. I say it may have worked in A situation in X number of miles for Y number of ppl but if you bring this equation into the perspective of all vehicles ever made in all time The latter far surpasses the initial opinion

So, you're giving just an opinion, without facts.

As someone who has a masters degree in Engineering, i'd sure appreciate some factual evidence to substantiate your claim.

Based on your theory, lets say, just because 100,000 people have strapped a turbo onto a stock 5.3 and made 600whp, that doesn't mean it's a good idea, given there's 40,000,000 stock 5.3 trucks out there, without a turbo, because GM didn't spec these engines with a turbo.

peezy555

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve had great luck with it, and so has my machine shop (they build nitro funny car engines) they did the machine work on my alky bbc in my boat. They said to use rotela. My nitrous small block, used rotela. My factory DOD lifters, almost 200k miles uses rotela. All the 12cylinder stationary cats and waukesa that run 24hrs a day at 100% load uses a similar bulk oil, in the almost 18 years of being around those engines and rebuilding them (oil field mechanic, we did this **** in the rain and dirt) bearing wear wasn’t really an issue.
I believe you a 100 % I really do but you cannot make me recommend anything other than oem specs all insurance coverages agree and would not take the chance of going against the good book GM and the word it has

peezy555

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

As someone who has a masters degree in Engineering, i'd sure appreciate some factual evidence to substantiate your claim.

Based on your theory, lets say, just because 100,000 people have strapped a turbo onto a stock 5.3 and made 600whp, that doesn't mean it's a good idea, given there's 40,000,000 stock 5.3 trucks out there, without a turbo, because GM didn't spec these engines with a turbo.
How is that an opinion? And since when did we go against the knowledge that gave us these vehicles to begin with? Yeah they have let us down but dammit I’ll stand by oem info till the day that I die.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

Funny how just last night I watched a video short of a guy machining an LS block for sleeves because according to him, since they weren't made for boost, people boost them and crack the cylinders. You must sleeve them.. every one!

While he's probably correct in some cases, obviously we've seen many examples over and over of people slapping a turbo on a boneyard LS and going to town without any ill effect.

Richard

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
How is that an opinion? And since when did we go against the knowledge that gave us these vehicles to begin with? Yeah they have let us down but dammit I’ll stand by oem info till the day that I die.

It is 100% an opinion.

I understand, from this conversation, you may have no experience with performance transmission building and are simply speaking against something you have no knowledge on. We've all been there, i'd say. But to make such a broad comment, without anything factual to back it up, is a different story.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I getcha, but sometimes you have to throw that book out the window. Some of the best performance parts/tip and tricks in the world wouldn’t be here if we always “went by the book”

peezy555

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve had great luck with it, and so has my machine shop (they build nitro funny car engines) they did the machine work on my alky bbc in my boat. They said to use rotela. My nitrous small block, used rotela. My factory DOD lifters, almost 200k miles uses rotela. All the 12cylinder stationary cats and waukesa that run 24hrs a day at 100% load uses a similar bulk oil, in the almost 18 years of being around those engines and rebuilding them (oil field mechanic, we did this **** in the rain and dirt) bearing wear wasn’t really an issue.
I was in the oilfield 15 years till I seen my helper get killed and I gave it up for good and became auto tech so I know and I have used rotella in the past myself on pump motors and ptos. But life is about lessons that you learn from your experiences and after much research and tons of thought and reflections I came to this professional recommendation

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Funny how just last night I watched a video short of a guy machining an LS block for sleeves because according to him, since they weren't made for boost, people boost them and crack the cylinders. You must sleeve them.. every one!

While he's probably correct in some cases, obviously we've seen many examples over and over of people slapping a turbo on a boneyard LS and going to town without any ill effect.

Richard

See, he's wrong. The boost isn't what cracks a piston crown, causing cylinder damage. It's a poor tune and lack of gapped rings that cause the cylinder damage.

I associate these kind of people, with Yosemite Sam, ready to pull both pistols out and start blasting, but only one's loaded and the other isn't.

peezy555

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in the oilfield 15 years till I seen my helper get killed and I gave it up for good and became auto tech so I know and I have used rotella in the past myself on pump motors and ptos. But life is about lessons that you learn from your experiences and after much research and tons of thought and reflections I came to this professional recommendation
I value your opinion and your contributions. I really do. But I won’t continue with another pissing match with anybody else with this issue.