Re-covered my bench seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markbt73

Reaction score
When I got my truck, the interior was... not great. It was filthy, stank of smoke, and the seat was covered by one of those nasty Wal-Mart seat covers. I spent a whole day scrubbing all the plastic clean, and discovered that it was all actually in OK shape, give or take a few CB mounting holes and a couple of bits of cracked plastic.

But that seat... the fabric was see-through thin, there were rips and split seams all over the place, and it was bleeding foam from more than one place. So I ordered a new upholstery kit from LMC Truck. I went with vinyl, even though the seat was originally cloth, because we have two dogs and I figured the vinyl would be a lot easier to keep clean.

Today was the day. I pulled the seat out and brought it into our downstairs rec room, because it's too cold in the garage to do work on it.

As removed. Old and busted.

You must be registered for see images

After 3 hours with some hog-ring pliers. New hotness.

And here it is in the truck.

The fit of the vinyl isn't perfect, but it isn't bad. I didn't add any more foam to it, because it was still pretty comfy, and the new vinyl has about 1/2" of additional padding on the backside anyway. I'm pleased with how it turned out. It's comfy, looks good, and the smoke smell is finally gone. Best $250 I've spent on a vehicle in a long time.