RCX Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im lifting my tahoe come hell or high water either this winter or following summer 2014. And I only want like 4in max. BUT I refuse to body lift my truck because i personally dislike the look, ie frame sag, no real added clearance, gaps.

SO im torn between the rcx 4 or their 2-3, but the issue becomes with that weird 2-3 has anyone done it and could put their review down. The only reason why im even considering it is because of the diff drop it has.

I know we all know the RCX kits very well but heres the other http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_88-98_2-3.html

Your guys opinions are open.

PS i would buy the CEPEK if it was still around, i could deal with a full 6 drop but i only would want a cepek

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
If you want it right then go with the 4" RCX. You wont have to worry about bad angles and killing lower balljoints and your shock falling off. If you do want the 4" RCX i would get the 6" kit and put the aal in and get a 2" block instead of running a 4" block. I love my RCX 6". It rides great, and i only paid $935 shipped from truckaddons.com!

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I paid 900 shipped from Truckaddons.com for just the four inch. If you did that you could also try 3/4 ton leaf springs and like a one inch block as well. I have it cranked up to about six in the front and I have the four inch block and 3/4 ton leaf springs out rear which makes it sit a little higher than six out back

1ugly88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

rcx 6in sitting on 33 goodyear duratracs. best thing i ever did to her!!!

1ugly88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

this was set at about 4in. had broken leaves in back so i only installed the blocks at first.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Four inches and 33s

Added 3/4 ton leaf springs and cranked up to six inches still on 33s

Four inches next to stock Z71

jerryd1976

Reaction score
I wouldn't waste your money on the 2-3" kit...trust me, I know bc I did. Although I'm happy with the quality of their product, there are several downsides too. The first being, once you install the lift and drive for a week you'll realize as most do that you want more lift. Then you'll remember you dropped 600 bucks on it and get pissed. From a ride perspective, you won't be happy. You might as well crank the hell out of the TB's, won't be any better. Lastly, while the upper control arms are a nice touch, they really don't bring a whole lot to the table, the steep angle of the lower control arms is sure to destroy lower ball joint on a regular basis and the steering geometry is so out of whack bump steer can become and issue, even with a stabilizer...I know this may sound more like a rant but I just don't think they accomplished much with this kit. But then again, it's my fault because I bought it...Having said all that, any one want to buy it??? Ha!

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Don't get the 2-3" kit, as everybody is saying. Get a 6" kit and crank it down and leave the add-a-leafs out, then in the future if you want go higher you can do it easily.