Random guy from Florida, first time truck owner.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AgentYager

Reaction score
Greeting from the sunsh..........rain state...

Just bought a 1989 Silverado Stepside, supposedly an ss350 (who knows)

It's not too bad but a little bit of tlc and it will be good to go.

When I brought it home.
You must be registered for see images attach

Clutch didn't work and I drove it 25 miles with no clutch and made it home, a few days later I look at everything and the engine isn't even bolted down to the transmission so I tighten everything up and it appears to be working again?

Runs like garbage....Replaced the plugs, fuel filter and rebuilt the throttle body with all new gaskets and regulator. Still runs like garbage but not as bad. Next will be the fuel pump.

Removed some junk from the truck that didn't appeal to me.

Ripped some rice parts out of the interior as well.

Interior before rice removal.

Plenty more to go probably end up replacing the bed because the underside of it is all rusted out and the driver side step fender needs fiberglass work anyways and for $1100 i paid for the truck, it's well worth it.

Thanks!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome!
"Clutch didn't work and I drove it 25 miles with no clutch and made it home."
"Runs like garbage."
Too funny! You'll fit in well here.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
lol TLC is an understatement. but hey, welcome! Get her running good and get rid of that retarded look it has going on with those wheels and windshield banner because there was never such thing as a 350 SS it was a 454 SS. it has some potential if you put in the time and love.

K2500 Dave

Reaction score
I kinda like the Darth Vader flat black look. When you re-do it, keep it flat black. I do agree however, figure something out with the wheels when you get it running good. I think it's got potential.

Welcome.

AgentYager

Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen, as for paint, I'm thinking possibly on some satin white and black rims like my current vehicle since they go so well together.