Rally Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

looks like these have the notch you were talking about seems like the cap would clip into that. What does that allen head bolt do in the middle?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yea the black ones look like they pop on over the lug nuts? Anyone have any experience with them? Was the 2500 light duty wheel differnt than the standard 16” rally on the 4x4s?

1988-1989 first two years only.. had a weird lug nut setup where the cap clips on to them. Not the common threaded style from 1990-up..

I *think* and seriously I am not sure, this is kind of an obscure piece, so again I *think* these are the nuts you need. It's been for-never since I've seen that style of cap attachment, because after just a couple years they changed to the threaded lug style with the plastic lug caps; the center caps changed to match. https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-wheel-nut-15551469

Richard

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i plan to put thin spacers on the front so it wont rub the frame last tires got pretty beat up from that then checking the width and matching the rear width to the front

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There isn't a 16x6 Rally wheel of the squarebody gen were all 15's 15x6.5 from the vans, 15x7/8's from the trucks the 15x8's came in both 5x5 and 6x5.5. I have the 6.5,7,and 8" 5x5 variety here for my truck. The 16x6.5 that your truck has is OEM for the 88-98 K1500 work trucks I do believe and will have a +6 offset like its 15x6.5 brethern from the G van.
My 83 G20 still has the 15x8 rallys it was born from GM with.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The K1500's got those 12-slotted steel 16's, not sure if the C2500 light duty came with the same ones. I think the backspacing is a little different on the slotted. The very few steel 16's I've seen on C2500 LD's were completely plain without the slots, painted silver, and had the plain black center caps. My red/white '88 C2500 LD parts truck I had during the rebuild of my '92 had them, and my black '94 C2500 LD had one as the original spare. Don't see too many of them as all the other C2500 LD's I've owned/seen already had wheels swapped with aftermarket, or later model OEM.

This was the spare from my '94 C2500 LD - essentially the same wheel as a plain steel 16" 8 lug from a regular C2500, but 6 lug instead..

What's funny is this plain wheel is so "rare" it doesn't even come up as a choice on car-part's "Wheel w/image" search, only the slotted one.

Richard
Bringing this one back from the dead for anyone who cares - finally a great set of example pics of this wheel - from an ad where someone is selling take-offs from years and years ago that were stored. 16x6.5" 6 lug plain steel wheels from a C2500LD. Man I'd love to have those pristine trim rings for my 3500.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What’s the price on those?
Dude is asking $450 for the set(!) including all center caps and lugs; couldn't tell if it included the plastic lug caps as the lugs were in baggies. I mean if you wanted those wheels and were willing to pay for a nearly pristine set of them, it seems like a decent deal, as you're unlikely to find another set that clean. I tried finding the ad again as I'd just seen it this morning but I believe it's on a FB group that I had unfollowed because it had so much spam in it. I checked the other two I'm still folllowing and can't find it. :/

Edit - did a manual search in FB marketplace and found the ad and yeah, the plastic lug caps are included. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1164016725005985/
Disclaimer: don't know the seller, just an ad I saw on FB.

Richard

Last edited: