Radio problem HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys i have a problem with the aftermarket radio i have in my 94 c1500 silverado, it works fine but when i shut the truck off the memory of my radio gets erased and i have to reset stations and settings everytime. What can be wrong? Thanks in advance! Radio is a single din pioneer unit

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most aftermarket units have two power wires. Sounds to me like you've got both 12V power leads hooked to a switched source, one of them should have power all the time. If you look closely at the face plate of your radio you should find a model number. Pioneer has got a pretty awesome support section on their website, you can just punch in that model number and download a user manual. That way you can determine which wire is which in the harness.

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
How dumb of me you were right i had my wires switched . Fixed them and now everything is in order thAnks buddy

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're welcome! Always nice when it turns out to be something easy like that.