Radiator/transmission leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've noticed my truck leaking something here lately. I got under there and looked and it seems to be the lines coming out of the radiator that go to the transmission? There's like an oily build up. Does anyone know what it is, or how hard of a fix it is?

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are your transmission cooler lines......mine did the same thing.......i had to replace the radiator to fix it....but you wanna make sure they are tight before you spend money on a radiator....check the condition of the fittings as well .....

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah man mine wasnt old when i replaced it either.....i would just get some cleaner and clean it all up near the leak.....then see where its leaking from exactly......if theres a small crack.....or if its just coming out of the threads.mine had a little crack.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Take the lines loose and put some thread sealing tape on them and put them back in snugly.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice I'll give it a try! Also why is it dark, wouldn't it be more antifreeze?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
It brings trans fluid through the radiator. At first, it acts to warm the fluid, then after long periods, it cools it. Its more of a regulator than a cooler.