PurpleZJ's RCSB 5.3 turbo build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
I was cruising craigslist one day looking for a new project and came across this 93 5.7/5speed RCSB Silverado. Ever since the start of truck techs RCSB build on powernation I've liked the idea of building a gmt400. It's not the prettiest thing on earth, but the price was right, it has very little rust(passenger cab corner needs a very small patch), and most importantly it's a 5 speed which I haven't seen very often. I have to do a few things to get it running decent with the 5.7 so I can get it inspected since it was an out of state truck. Basically a tune up, and a couple new front brakelines and it'll be good to go until the swap.
Plans:
MOTOR:
5.3 LM7
-LS6 cam/springs
-ARP head studs
-80lb injectors
-76mm turbo
-50mm wastegate/BOV
-water/meth kit
-stock harness with tuned factory pcm(most likely. still undecided)

TRANS:
-t56 w/shifter relocated to inspection plate

BODY:
-Smoothed front bumper
-Welded roll pan with hitch behind license plate
-Smoothed tailgate with relocated handle
-Sport mirrors
-20% tint
-Demolded body
-Dark Spiral Gray factory paint with black accents(bowtie, wheels, door handles)

INTERIOR:
-Seats 60/40 bench from a gmt400
-Full autometer gauge set to replace stock cluster plus needed gauges to monitor the drivetrain
-Key dependent race toggle switch with push button start(have to turn key, hit toggle, then push button to start. That way it won't work without the factory ignition key but I still get to have push button start)
-maybe an aftermarket race steering wheel, maybe.

SUSPENSION:
-McGaughys 4/6 drop
-Caltracs

WHEELS:
-17" cragar soft 8s, tire size undecided

Ok onto the pictures
You must be registered for see images attach

Put the drop in liner where it belongs

This is why I hate drop in liners, a bunch of guck and an ant colony

After a much needed cleanout/powerwashing

So yeah, that's my project so far.

Last edited:

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
I like it! Plans sound promising can't wait for more

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Thanks! I can't wait to get the swap rolling, just gotta wait on the motorcycle to sell so I have funds. haha

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Might be seeing some progress soon. I went down pretty hard on my bike earlier this week and I should be getting an offer tomorrow from my agent for totaling it out. It might change my plans for the truck a little but hopefully not too bad.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Got rid of the chrome on the front end today, nothing fancy but I like it a lot better. Also I'm hopefully going to be getting a 5.3 for it this weekend

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Found a guy near me that sells ls assemblies with cleaned harness and tuned pcm for a great price. I should have the motor next week!

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is going to be a sick build! I like your motor plans for sure! Make it a sleeper and leave the "J e s u s" fish on the tailgate too lol.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Ha I already took that off. The turbo build is getting 86ixed right now as the funds just aren't there. But, motor mounts have arrived, 6.0 engine/fuel rail covers came in, and I just ordered my fuel pump and schoenfield ls swap headers. I was hoping to cam the motor before putting it in but with having to pay for the rest of the motor and other needed parts I just won't have enough this paycheck. Ideally I'll have it fired up the weekend after next, at least I hope so..