Pulley alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srpember

Reaction score
what's up guys? I am hoping someone can help me with a problem. I got my 5.7 rebuilt in my 89 c1500. I removed the big horseshoe bracket for my accessories and installed the new aluminum brackets from a newer Silverado. The problem I am having is I cannot get the ps pulley back far enough to line up with the crank and water pump. What could be the problem? What accessory brackets is everyone running on their sbc 350gen 1? Any help will be great thanks.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What year did you get the aluminum brackets from? They're on the TBI engines from 1990-1995. If you got them off a Vortec (1996-up) I don't know if any of your older accessories will fit correctly, in fact I'd be surprised if they did. (a/c compressor won't, for sure)

Assuming you're running the correct TBI-era brackets the issue will be, not pressing the p/s pump pulley on far enough, or the pump isn't compatible between the steel and aluminum bracket setup.

A quick lookup supports the incompatible pump idea: 92 C1500 5.7 Cardone #967828, 88 C1500 5.7 Cardone #967832

Richard

srpember

Reaction score
I appreciate your response. The brackets did come off the 90-95 model . I guess i just figured all of the saginaw pumps were the same. Maybe their pulleys are different too. I will look into it more. Thanks