Project Fast Fwd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Nice looking ride, The stripes look good and Your making me want to do the top swap onto my 01 Monte SS.

But I need to get it out first, LOL!

Mine is lowered 1.5" The shorter dog bone mounts are a must. Also if you develop a vibration, loosen nuts on the bottom trans and motor mounts. The mounts will pull up through the subframe, install some door shims to fill the gap and then tighten the nuts.
Top swap? Yours should already be supercharged if it's a ss monte? :think: a zzp turbo kit would bet better results than a s/c swap. In fact more people go with a block off kit for the 3800 s/c and run the turbo setup for more POWA.
Ill try and remwmber to male a pull vid too
Tomorrow

You must!!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Top swap? Yours should already be supercharged if it's a ss monte? :think: a zzp turbo kit would bet better results than a s/c swap. In fact more people go with a block off kit for the 3800 s/c and run the turbo setup for more POWA.

You must!!

Some SS's werent sc'ed my ex's brothers wasnt

And i have been meaning to but i always forget lol

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Some SS's werent sc'ed my ex's brothers wasnt

And i have been meaning to but i always forget lol

I didn't know this :hmm: parts can be used from any l67 3800 s/c which makes the hunt for parts a lot easier. I still want a regal gs :drool: sleeper status :lol:

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a 98 Regal GS with 3.4" pulley, U-bend delete, ZZP Tune, and 10mm wires.

Most people had no clue what it was. I wish I would have kept it but with over 250k it needed more work then I felt like doing at the time. Plus, I didn't get any enjoyment being part of the 3800 community.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I had a 98 Regal GS with 3.4" pulley, U-bend delete, ZZP Tune, and 10mm wires.

Most people had no clue what it was. I wish I would have kept it but with over 250k it needed more work then I felt like doing at the time. Plus, I didn't get any enjoyment being part of the 3800 community.

I agree that the 3800 community is not very good lol but the car sounds pretty sweet

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree that the 3800 community is not very good lol but the car sounds pretty sweet

Yeah. That platform is great because it doesn't take a lot of money get decent power with just a few mods. The M90 Supercharger has it limits but for most people that limit is more then enough. And there are great supporting vendors like ZZP, 3800perormance, wbodystore, and Intense providing aftermarket products at a good price.

With $300-$500 in parts you can gain 40-60hp. That is very tough to do on a naturally aspirated engine. It's the gains after the first 40-60hp that become expensive.

My dad has an 06 GP GT with the L67. Those are nice cars.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yeah. That platform is great because it doesn't take a lot of money get decent power with just a few mods. The M90 Supercharger has it limits but for most people that limit is more then enough. And there are great supporting vendors like ZZP, 3800perormance, wbodystore, and Intense providing aftermarket products at a good price.

With $300-$500 in parts you can gain 40-60hp. That is very tough to do on a naturally aspirated engine. It's the gains after the first 40-60hp that become expensive.

My dad has an 06 GP GT with the L67. Those are nice cars.

yep theyre cheap fun cars not crazy fast but fun little DD. I have the Gen 5 blower so thats somwhat better than the m90