Project Fast Fwd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Top swap? Yours should already be supercharged if it's a ss monte? :think: a zzp turbo kit would bet better results than a s/c swap. In fact more people go with a block off kit for the 3800 s/c and run the turbo setup for more POWA.

It's a true SS. The Montes didn't get the Supercharger until late 2003 Even the Impalas were late to the party. Kind of sucked, but At the time I couldn't afford a Supercharged one. I have a friend on Staten Island that has a Turbo one, he tears up the transmissions ALOT. I'm not too sure I can afford to do that.

A top swap is easier, you can pull everything off a wreck at the bone yard cheap. Just need to get the PCM tuned.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Do this! And yeah i wana get aftermarket motor and tranny mounts eventually

That is killer!!!! But if I'm going to Pro Street a FWD Monte it will be a 5th gen like this

You must be registered for see images attach

These Montes can be bought cheap and cut apart easily.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
It's a true SS. The Montes didn't get the Supercharger until late 2003 Even the Impalas were late to the party. Kind of sucked, but At the time I couldn't afford a Supercharged one. I have a friend on Staten Island that has a Turbo one, he tears up the transmissions ALOT. I'm not too sure I can afford to do that.

A top swap is easier, you can pull everything off a wreck at the bone yard cheap. Just need to get the PCM tuned.

Transmissions can be a big problem. Especially the 4t65e. The 4t65hd isn't as bad, found behind the ls7 and ls4, but still is a weak point.

Have you or Taylor heard of tep? Tripleedgeperformance.com it's the go to place for heavy duty w body transmissions.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Fin coolant elbow broke today took my 6 vodka bottles of water to get it home just my luck

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Transmissions can be a big problem. Especially the 4t65e. The 4t65hd isn't as bad, found behind the ls7 and ls4, but still is a weak point.

Have you or Taylor heard of tep? Tripleedgeperformance.com it's the go to place for heavy duty w body transmissions.

Yeah, I plan on having the transmission built up when it finally goes.

Never heard of that place. But I will keep it in mind.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Fin coolant elbow broke today took my 6 vodka bottles of water to get it home just my luck

That's sucks! I had mine crack last year. They make aluminum ones now. Good thing its a quick job. Hardest part is bleeding the air from the cooling system.

By the way, Thanks a lot!! After reading this thread, It got my juices flowing an pulled my SS out after work today, Cleaned up the interior and then decided to take it to the car wash. Got pulled over for no front plate. LOL! There's another $75 down the tubes!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
That's sucks! I had mine crack last year. They make aluminum ones now. Good thing its a quick job. Hardest part is bleeding the air from the cooling system.

By the way, Thanks a lot!! After reading this thread, It got my juices flowing an pulled my SS out after work today, Cleaned up the interior and then decided to take it to the car wash. Got pulled over for no front plate. LOL! There's another $75 down the tubes!

Yah i ordered the aluminum ones amd sorry about getting ya a ticket lol

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Well i have a ton to do this weekend but the car will be the top priority i gota get the new collant elbows installed get my AUX hook up wired up vaccum it wash it and fix an exhaust leak

sent from my outdated S3

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
This car is a pain in the *** finally got the coolant ebows changed that was one heII of an ordeal then i go to install the aux hook uo and it sounds like **** so im gona try and fix that tommorrow also goa fix the terrible exhaust leak

sent from my outdated S3