Problems after replacing heater hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Anti-freeze is Glycol. Get's sticky when it dries. Moisture in the cap is never a good thing. If a good cleaning doesn't get all the anti-freeze out, replace the cap, coil & rotor.

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
Glycol is some nasty stuff and can cause some annoyingly hard to find problems. :Plugged: Since it only does it during the first few seconds after starting up and then runs smooth I am thinking it has something to do with the advance hardware inside the dizzy. The glycol could have it all gummed up and from my understanding start-up is the main reason for a ignition advance on the dizzy. Can anyone confirm this?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Glycol is some nasty stuff and can cause some annoyingly hard to find problems. :Plugged: Since it only does it during the first few seconds after starting up and then runs smooth I am thinking it has something to do with the advance hardware inside the dizzy. The glycol could have it all gummed up and from my understanding start-up is the main reason for a ignition advance on the dizzy. Can anyone confirm this?

advance is controlled by PCM with TBI...

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
Ah, shows how much I know about TBI. I though they used a standard HEI dizzy with the vacuum advance.

kemo sabe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't been able to work on the truck because I went out of town, but the mechanic I usually work with said the problem was probably from the distributor cap getting all wet.

kemo sabe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran the codes and the only one I got back was 33 MAP sensor circuit high(low vacum)