Problem with my order, how can you help me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I ordered Timken wheel bearings from you and got them today. The problem is one is a newer, better style than the other which appears to be old stock. They have different bearings pressed into them and the older style is labeled 04/01/09. The older one has the rubber seal sticking up and the newer has the seal pressed in to fit and feels firmer to turn. You guys usually list items that are older or if the design changed as wholesaler closeout for cheaper. I would like to please get the other older style bearing exchanged with a newer style one like I paid for. Can you help me with this or should I call customer service. This is my first experience with RockAuto by the way :(
Order # 20282599

Here is a photo of the difference, the newer style is on the right. Thank you for your help.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Wow, I'm very disappointed about this whole situation. I called customer service and sent an email with a photo, but they said it is not rockauto's fault and there is nothing they can really do about it. I was told my truck won't know the difference, no offence but its me who knows the difference not my truck. The seal design was updated for a reason. The only solution is I would have to ship the old one back at my expense and hope the next one they ship me is the new style. These weigh a fair amount and I truly think since this is your businesses mistake, you should send me a shipping label for me to return it. This isn't very good customer service and I am not happy. I definitely won't be using to rockauto again unless this problem gets resolved in a timely manner. This was a fantastic first experience. Yes I am picky about my parts, when I order something that comes in pairs or replacing something for both sides of the truck I expect identical parts.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Quote from your website that this old style product falls under.
Q: What is a "wholesaler closeout"?
A: Briefly, closeout parts:

• Parts acquired in bulk at discounted prices
• Limited availability
• Cannot be replaced with regular inventory at the same price
• May differ from regular inventory in design, construction, and included accessories, but differences do not affect overall fit and function
• Have a 30 day warranty/return policy

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll probably get a faster response by calling the customer service number...

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
This is the type of thing why I dont buy online...I go to the parts store and see what I am buying.......Who is to say that the different design is better or worse? The design may have been changed to lower costs of manufacture it. If I were you, I would install the part. If it fails in the warranty period, they will replace it........end of story

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny, i was going to order rotor's from there tomorrow, wont now!

I wouldn't let this stop you. I've ordered a lot of stuff from them with no issues. If he would call they would take care of him, they just aren't very active on forums...

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yah o wouldnt worry about it ove had good luck with them

Status
Not open for further replies.