Problem with my order, how can you help me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
They sent you 2 different style bearings and they wont make it right with you?

You know what

FFFF you rockauto, this kind of customer service is all it took for me to NEVER order from you.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I did call customer service, I'm pretty sure I said that. And yeah they wouldn't do anything about it. I know the part will still work, but the point is I should have gotten 2 new bearings not one from April 2009. I am picky person and believe I should get what I paid for and if they want to sell old stuff that's cool, but it needs to be under wholesaler closeout not brand new. I wish this rock auto rep would Harry up and help me out with this.....

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did call customer service, I'm pretty sure I said that. And yeah they wouldn't do anything about it. I know the part will still work, but the point is I should have gotten 2 new bearings not one from April 2009. I am picky person and believe I should get what I paid for and if they want to sell old stuff that's cool, but it needs to be under wholesaler closeout not brand new. I wish this rock auto rep would Harry up and help me out with this.....

Sorry, the first time I read this I would swear you asked if you should call instead. That's why I was saying call for a faster response. Its pretty much standard procedure no matter where you buy from on the internet that if you want to return a part that you pay for return shipping. If they had sent a completely wrong part then they would probably cover shipping.

Rock Auto buys out old stock and parts from closing stores/warehouses. That's how they sell stuff so cheap. I believe the stuff they sell under a wholesaler closeout actually comes from the wholesaler not one of rock's own warehouse's. Just because its from 2009 doesn't change the fact that its brand new. The wholesaler stuff is usually brand new as well but the wholesaler wants to move it out of his warehouse faster and will therefore sell it cheaper. That's also why there is a limited warranty on those items.

I agree it would be nice that they matched. But they are Timken bearings, you cant get anything better. The difference in the seal could be as simple as the seal supplier discontinued the previous design and they had to change to something else. I see this all the time at work with industrial stuff...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote from your website that this old style product falls under.
Q: What is a "wholesaler closeout"?
A: Briefly, closeout parts:

• Parts acquired in bulk at discounted prices
• Limited availability
• Cannot be replaced with regular inventory at the same price
• May differ from regular inventory in design, construction, and included accessories, but differences do not affect overall fit and function
• Have a 30 day warranty/return policy

Wholesaler closeout parts are a different selection. If you picked regular inventory when you added to your cart these parts don't fall under that category.

I don't work for Rock and don't really have a dog in this fight, just trying to explain to you how there system works since I've bought quite a few parts from them over the past few years...

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Read the second to last bullet. I don't care, this is effed up! Rockauto sent me some BS part and they can send me a shipping label I am not the one who made a mistake here!

Quote from your website that this old style product falls under.
Q: What is a "wholesaler closeout"?
A: Briefly, closeout parts:

• Parts acquired in bulk at discounted prices
• Limited availability
• Cannot be replaced with regular inventory at the same price
• May differ from regular inventory in design, construction, and included accessories, but differences do not affect overall fit and function
• Have a 30 day warranty/return policy

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Read the second to last bullet. I don't care, this is effed up! Rockauto sent me some BS part and they can send me a shipping label I am not the one who made a mistake here!

Im not trying to be a dick but that second to last bullet seems to solve the whole dilema here you were warned

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score

Did you choose the wholesaler closeout option in the dropdown menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.