Problem on the 'limp' home yesterday.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lou Merrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doing smoke test while I'm here. Hopefully, can put off intake gaskets till next summer.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw a post on here a while back with someone having similar problem and it turned out to be a FPR failed internally and was just dumping fuel into the intake from the FPR. Sounds like that is probably what's going on with yours too.

Lou Merrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey, free tip Friday!
Smoke machine utilizing GM air intake hose, a funnel, fuel hose (or whatever), and a cigar.
You must be registered for see images attach

Thank God, no leaks!

Lou Merrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Aww man.
I just realized that the truck will be down for a week and I'll have to drive my 'other' vehicle to work:

I so depressed......
NOT!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Nice, looks great! There are a few other members here who have first gen Montes as well.

My dad and I have this one, also a '70.

You must be registered for see images
Those are some of the most beautiful cars GM ever made, in my opinion. Dad and I had 3, and had high hopes for them. But they were too far above my skillset to really get right, when we got them, and then time got away from us. Still have some parts though. Would love another one, once I get a place to work on and store my vehicles sorted out, and get the newer rigs where I'm not fixing them all the time....

Lou Merrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Am I safe to assume that the clean aluminum below where the pressure regulator would be is evidence of it dumping fuel?
What do you guys see?