Problem on the 'limp' home yesterday.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes. I helped my nephew diagnose his 4.3 Vortec. The fuel trims were wild, truck acted like it was going to stall, and had no power.

After shutting it off and hooking up a fuel pressure gauge we discovered pressure dropped to nothing in a few seconds.

Same issues you have.

He did the repair, but said he saw the same thing. The regulator dumps fuel into the nearest cylinder (s) and screws things up.

Lou Merrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How should I go about cleaning the injector ports so I don't shove grime in the tips of the new injectors when I put the in. I've already vacuumed them with the shop vac. I used Castrol super clean on the non-functioning surfaces and I'm using throttle body and air intake cleaner on the passageways.
I do have my gun cleaning kit that would work perfectly but I'm apprehensive about shoving crap behind my valves also.
Should I be that concerned about it or am I being overly cautious?
You must be registered for see images attach

Lou Merrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got it, just came to me.
Seal an adapter over intake runner connected to shop vac. Anything that would fall will follow the air flow and be sucked into shop vac.

Last edited: