Problem on the 'limp' home yesterday.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lou Merrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure how that records/measure's the pressure of each individual poppet injector of a central port injector unit...

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Step 1: install a fuel pressure gauge, prime the pump, take a reading.

Step 2: pulse the injector, then record the reading.

Step 3: repeat 7 times, re-priming fuel pump everytime.

The pressure "balance", or difference (or delta) should be within 1, maybe 2 psi of each other.

An injector that is dead will obviously not pulse, or dumping too little or too much fuel will give a reading that out of whack.

Maybe I should make a write up on this. It seems like the only one here that even ever mentions this test. Everyone else says throw distributers, caps, plug, wires and fuel pumps at these issues.:D

Lou Merrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ah, good show!
That little unit substitutes for the PCM and fires each injector.
I wonder if they have something like that the send a signal the antilock brakes to bleed them??

Lou Merrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The problem that I suspect with the pressure regulator or an injector is when I prime the fuel system, it will prime to 58 psi and drop to 46 and slowly drop down to 0 in about 5 minutes.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have a problem with your FPR. I would advise to order a new spider injector set. It comes with a FPR. Move on.

Lou Merrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plug on top(#4) is what the whole bank looked like, dry carbon. Plug on bottom was just brushed off:
You must be registered for see images attach