Problem after installing SSBC rear disk brake conversion.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Hansen

Reaction score
Hi, I have installed an SSBC rear disk brake conversion on my 97 C1500 2WD Short Box Regular Cab pickup. The first problem that we had was trying to get the air out of the system for the back brakes and then found that by turning the brake calipers upside down to bleed the brakes was the only way to do get the air out. Not ideal but we do what we have to. The last problem that I now have is that the truck pulls to the right. I installed brand new C2500 Calipers on the front to fix the problem after the stock ones were causing me a problem and then replaced the left caliper incase it was the problem but the problem still exists. I have one guy that tells me this is quite a common (install a pressure regulator to the back) problem but I can't find anyone with this problem or experience on how to fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never had the problem with it pulling to the side but i have had the problem bleeding them. Only way i have been able to bleed them is with a vacuum bleeder.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Quick question, have you replaced your flex hoses up front? If not...time to do it.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Quick question, have you replaced your flex hoses up front? If not...time to do it.

Richard

I just did this along with calipers to fix the exact same problem. Worked like a charm and my pedal feel is better than I ever remember it being.