price on new paint job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
move to wv a top of the line custom job is only about 1500 to 2000 bucks

I agree with Botman. That is VERY hard to believe. Unless you're reffering to maaco's top of the line :lol: A top tier paint job requires damn near that much for materials alone. And if you want show quality paint, it takes a LOT of prep work. And a custom paint scheme requires even more labor. Even a car that starts out as a good body, once you start digging in on it you find all kinds of things. A show quality finish requires a lot of time with the block and straight board. And on the REALLY nice show finish jobs, 90% of the sanding is done by hand, not with the pneumatic tools.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I agree with Botman. That is VERY hard to believe. Unless you're reffering to maaco's top of the line :lol: A top tier paint job requires damn near that much for materials alone. And if you want show quality paint, it takes a LOT of prep work. And a custom paint scheme requires even more labor. Even a car that starts out as a good body, once you start digging in on it you find all kinds of things. A show quality finish requires a lot of time with the block and straight board. And on the REALLY nice show finish jobs, 90% of the sanding is done by hand, not with the pneumatic tools.
lets put it this way, i have a claim through insurance, to paint my passenger side boxside, door and hood, and blend the cab corner and fender. Total Cost, $1200

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i only gotta pay $300, its though insurance, but $1200 is what there gonna pay the Shop.

another example, just to fix and paint the dent in my rollpan (Which you can BARELY SEE) is $728.00

Materials kill the price every damn time

6789olds

Reaction score
i have decied to save up and maybe by the end of the summer get it done right . i want it to look good fast orange your truck looks sweet . got a few more quotes today . from some top notch shops . 4,800 thats pulling the glass out , and water base ppg . the other was 4,100 thats with a solvent paint they do a lot of candy low rider stuff there but not sure on the brand of paint tho .

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Yea material prices suck. I remember when I was growing you could get a damn good quality job for 1000-1500 but along with everything prices has skyrocketed. I bought all midgrade Diamont paint and clear and I'm still in around 650 in material and thats not including my primer,sealer, sand paper, filler, and fiberglass.I'm just lucky enough that my dad has been doin body work longer then Ive been alive. Unfortantly hes not in the best shape health wise right now but mine startin to come together now.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the color, finish, and qaulity of the primer, paint, and clear all make HUGE differences. The amount of work needed and the way the work is done also makes a HUGE difference. You definitely get what you pay for though.