Pre-Trip Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How hard is it to bleed brakes in a driveway? I know it's probably been asked a ton of times, but I feel like it's never been explained in depth using stuff that's readily available. Or is it just better to pay someone to do it for you?

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
How hard is it to bleed brakes in a driveway? I know it's probably been asked a ton of times, but I feel like it's never been explained in depth using stuff that's readily available. Or is it just better to pay someone to do it for you?

If your bleeders aren't rusted to hell you can have your wife help. I had my gf help me with mine. She worked the pedal as I told her to and I worked the wrench. Best Patmos brake fluid is water soluble. So spray the driveway and wheels with a garden hose and it looks like you were never there.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, the original trip has been cancelled indefinitely. Had an emergency funeral last week. Never did get a chance to do ANY of the maintenance before I had to take my lady to the airport (hour and a half away). We couldnt afford for me and the baby to go. Just got time to change the oil and replace the gasket tonight. Havent noticed any differences so far, but I've only driven it less than a mile since I finished.

Would anyone happen to have a picture of what a grease fitting looks like? That way I know what I'm looking for next time I get a chance to crawl under.

Also, found out a possible reason why I get sudden pulls to one side. The bushing for one of my shocks is almost completely shifted out of the end of the shock.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Look on the balljoints. There is a little silver fitting. It should look similar to those.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look on the balljoints. There is a little silver fitting. It should look similar to those.

Well I found something sticking out the lower control arm that looks like what I would imagine the grease fitting looks like, but it didnt have a hole in it the would let grease in.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didnt see anything in those places while I was under there. I'll crawl under there and check tomorrow afternoon...

Took me until I was working on the rear diff to find out that the end of my bottle jack unscrews to get me another like 6" of lift...