Power window door lock harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Europaman

Reaction score
I have an 89 GMC K1500 standard cab. I bought a spare door to rebuild my truck not realizing the two connectors were missing. I am in search for either a harness or the two connectors needed to re-fabricate the ends. Theres 10 wires coming out of the door and the two connectors on the body side; one has 6 positions with 5 pins being actually used, and the other has 3 pins that are all in use. The math doesn't add up unless two pins have double wires crimped in. I'll have to find my wiring diagrams in the Haynes book and see if that will show such. But I can't seem to find a source for the connectors. Anyone have any leads. I tried LMC, Classic Industries and Rock Auto already. Local junk yards haven't been hit yet, most around here are bare of any of these trucks.

Europaman

Reaction score
My original post should have said PASSENGER DOOR.

Further to my inquiry; the wiring diagram for my truck shows only 8 wires in use for the power locks and windows. The wire color scheme and 10 wire count in the replacement door with the missing connectors can't be resolved to the connectors in my truck. The door must have came off a newer version requiring 10 wires but I dont know for what...and it's parked 40+ miles from home in a body shop and I can't stroll out and look at it. Did 1988-1998 trucks have power mirrors perhaps? The investigation continues...

Last edited:

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I am looking at a factory wiring harness manual and only see 7 wires per side. 2 for the locks and 5 for the windows.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peter.....Not sure why that would make a difference on the two connectors at the (front) passenger door hinge pillar.
I was just throwing it out there since a crew cab would have more door lock actuators and window regulators. I was also thinking you were talking about the driver's side which is the master switch set.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
...and it's for power locks and windows? Mine definitely has 8. Five on one connector and three on the other.

This is what the manual shows; at the convenience center circuit 150 (Black) is the ground, circuit 60 (orange) is power. Circuit 150 goes to cavity F in the cab side plug body for the left side door. Circuit 60 goes in cavity A in the same plug body. Circuit 194 (Black/white) goes in cavity B and it also goes in cavity B in the Cab side plug for the right door. Circut 294 (tan) goes in cavity C in both the left and right cab side plug body. Circuit 295 (gray) goes in cavity D in both plug bodies. Circuit 195 (Blue) goes in Cavity E in both plug bodies.

The old numbers for the plug bodies are 12015345 and 12015344.

Europaman

Reaction score
I was just throwing it out there since a crew cab would have more door lock actuators and window regulators. I was also thinking you were talking about the driver's side which is the master switch set.

Well egg on my face... Sorry for the confusion. I forgot to say it was on the passenger side in my original post...now edited.

Europaman

Reaction score
This is what the manual shows; at the convenience center circuit 150 (Black) is the ground, circuit 60 (orange) is power. Circuit 150 goes to cavity F in the cab side plug body for the left side door. Circuit 60 goes in cavity A in the same plug body. Circuit 194 (Black/white) goes in cavity B and it also goes in cavity B in the Cab side plug for the right door. Circut 294 (tan) goes in cavity C in both the left and right cab side plug body. Circuit 295 (gray) goes in cavity D in both plug bodies. Circuit 195 (Blue) goes in Cavity E in both plug bodies.

The old numbers for the plug bodies are 12015345 and 12015344.

Thanks for this...My Haynes manual shows this as well...and I was able to track down new connectors for the door side (passenger door) for the 5 pin and the 3 pin ones at Mouser Electronics.
Now to figure out the bundle in the newer door that has 10 wires. It has the same colors coming out of the body side but the door has two extra wires.