Power Steering Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TTS1996

Reaction score
Needing some help with power steering, my pump was leaking and so were both lines, i replaced them and added fluid and the steering is hard. It steered fine before, but now it wont steer hardly at all unless i wind up the motor. Is there a bleeding process? I have yet to find one or anyone that knows

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Easiest way to bleed power steering is to turn wheel full left to full right several times. Check fluid level when you're done.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you replace pump? Could have gotten a bad pump, or the wrong one.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the pump isn't whining then all the air is bled out, could be a blockage in the lines or the belt slipping, even though the pump is brand new it could still be bad, it happens.

TTS1996

Reaction score
Ya thats true, took the cap off, its whinning, must just have air in it or be blocked up. When it gets above single digits and the 10 inches of snow melts i'll mess with it.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Single digits and 10"??? I don't know how you guys do it.

zchrisz

Reaction score
i had issues with a reman pump, i'm pretty sure the return hose pipe was kinked too much causing a restriction, i replaced it with another and it's been fine, what year? newer ones have a flow valve