Power steering pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
97 k1500 5.7, just changed the PS pump and gear box last month. I noticed when I’m in drive but not moving, it groans and the fluid bubbles up bad. If I raise the rpm while sitting stationary in drive it goes away, anyone have any solutions? Really dont wanna change the pump again and I bled it four different times

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dont know if it helps.. what I did when I did my steering components last year. I bought all new parts from rock auto. All ac delco. Replaced everything pump, hoses, gearbox, and added a cooler. Took my time put all things together, then I jacked up the truck, put In some power steering fluid and turned lock to lock without truck running. Did it for a few minutes.. checked level and then started her up.. added some more fluid and turned lock to lock. Once she was topped off lowered the truck down and took it for a spin. I've had power steering issues good amount of time of owning this truck. So I wanted all things new. Knock on wood been working great and soon ima change the fluid. Just what i did for mine.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dont know if it helps.. what I did when I did my steering components last year. I bought all new parts from rock auto. All ac delco. Replaced everything pump, hoses, gearbox, and added a cooler. Took my time put all things together, then I jacked up the truck, put In some power steering fluid and turned lock to lock without truck running. Did it for a few minutes.. checked level and then started her up.. added some more fluid and turned lock to lock. Once she was topped off lowered the truck down and took it for a spin. I've had power steering issues good amount of time of owning this truck. So I wanted all things new. Knock on wood been working great and soon ima change the fluid. Just what i did for mine.
I’ve changed everything on this truck except my hubs. I bled it just how you described but it only does a groan in drive when I’m not moving. I think I’ll leave it alone probably cause I don’t want to have to change it after I just did less than a month ago

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Make sure it doesn't get louder. My groaned a good while before it got worse and you dont wanna burn up bearings. Keep an eye on it.
I mean I’m sure it didn’t supposed to groan at all but it’s doing it pretty bad

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo