Power Steering Pump Pulley Removal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtie-72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
UPDATE: I wanted to close out this thread to maybe help someone else out. I ended up heating up the pulley with my torch at the wide part of the flange behind the lip just like Schurkey said. Just a note, if your front seal wasn`t leaking before, it will be now after you do this. Then I put my puller on it and it came off. One word of caution, I have a pair of Mechanics Gloves and was wearing them and I noticed a spot on the print was melted after I took them off. So yes, it gets hot. I put that "new" pump on and I noticed that the `94 had the newer style pulley that was solid, was slightly larger in diameter, and had a slightly wider face so the belt rides "in" the groove like it does on the alternator instead of "on" it like the `91. I was worried because the offset was different, but I guess that was to compensate for the differences. I mounted it and I had about +.005 in. from flush. (The original one from the factory was about +.010 in. from flush). I blead the system using GM procedure and the "new" `94 pump and pulley work great! The belt is tracking EXACTLY on the smooth water pump pulley as the original, (no shiney spot seen). And no more power steering fluid spots on the drive! For now. Thanks.