power door locks not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
check fuses then switches. if those check out then move on to actuators. if those check out then trace the wires and see if there is a bad spot or something

Reaction score
Yeah, just keep in mind that if one switch is bad then neither side will work. They're wired kinda like in series, if one is bad it breaks the curcuit.

92 chev

Reaction score
my 92 rclb just quit, but only on the drivers side. pass. side is ok. im thinkin just a door switch when i get time i'll take the switch apart and see whats up with it . my other truck, i rebent and cleaned the brass contact points on the door swich and works good now.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i like trying to fix broken stuff. if it works you just saved whatever you would have paid to replace it and if it doesn't then oh well it was broken anyway

Reaction score
thanks for the helpful info guys. but now door locks are the least of my worries. my motor was knocking. come to find out i had a spun bearing on #1 and #3 rods. :(

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Well anyway...Check for broken, or frayed wires in the driver doorjamb.

Reaction score
the crank is getting turned and the rods checked. Im getting new cam bearings as well. figured it couldnt hurt since i have it completely tore down