Suburban power door lock relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I’ve tried searching for the power door lock relays location but can’t find it. I have a 95 K2500 Suburban with a 454. It has the factory remote keyless feature. My power door locks quit working and I hear a click from under the dash when trying it. I picked up a new relay but try as I might I can’t find/see it under the dash. Could someone tell me how to get to it?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's been a long time but extremely vague memory tells me for some reason it's closer to the lower center of the dash. This was on a '94 Suburban and your '95 has a completely different dash and harness design, but if you're not finding it where you'd expect to, it's worth a look. Maybe have someone else hit the button while you listen for it.

Richard

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does not work with remote, or does not work with door switch, or does not work with either control?
This may help also. The relay should be next to the remote under dash receiver . The connector and wire colors attached.
You must be registered for see images attach

The OE service manual is available to download, here in forum. It could be your new best friend.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank y’all for your help. I was able to locate it and swap it out. But it just clicks also with no locks working. Neither the remote or the door switches work. But the relay does click using both. When I got it they both worked for about a week. I’ve been chasing electrical issues since I got it a few months ago. No power seat functions or radio either.

Attachments

• 5B06BF1D-B6CB-4906-A340-C76327099B36.jpeg
    5B06BF1D-B6CB-4906-A340-C76327099B36.jpeg
    321.4 KB · Views: 4

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Thank y’all for your help. I was able to locate it and swap it out. But it just clicks also with no locks working. Neither the remote or the door switches work. But the relay does click using both. When I got it they both worked for about a week. I’ve been chasing electrical issues since I got it a few months ago. No power seat functions or radio either.
Check your fuses. I've had experience with similar things on both my trucks. I'll pull the fuse, and it doesn't look blown(the little loop appears to be intact) but replacing the fuse makes things work again. Some of these functions have a circuit breaker instead of a fuse; pull it, clean it with a wire brush, and reinstall it.
Also the computer works in strange ways sometimes to cut power to accessories. When the battery gets below a certain point, the power locks quit working on the crew cab. I've seen this with 3 different batteries so it's not the battery.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks I’ll give that a shot. It wouldn’t be the first 28 year old connection to fail on this truck.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Freshening the contact points, where male ends of fuses, relay's, and circuit breakers fit into terminal blocks would be good idea. I have used Emory boards, the little stick things with a grit or abrasive material glued on. For finger nails. The surprising thing is they are available in variety of widths. And lengths, I have some 2 inch for detail on contact areas. And some electronics aerosol cleaner is good also.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I gave you the diagram, take the test light and see if when you lock, unlock , is the relay sending power out the grey or tan wire to the door motors.. the door switches are working as you can hear the relay. So power is not getting to door motors. Either both have bad grounds, both are inop', or faulty relay.
Get out test light, where did the power go?