Possible to put Sierra body on Yukon frame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
So my friends ex decided to get plastered Friday night and steal his 97 Yuk, drove off a railess bridge and flew over a river Bo Duke style. Body is trashed, not an inch of good sheet metal left and she nose dove so hard the engine mounts snapped and the 5.7 ended up through the firewall into the 2nd row seats. She's fine but the insurance company decided to total it and he bought it back for 700. For some odd reason, the frame is still straight as can be and none of the suspension is ******. It's got a 6 inch RXC and 35" mud grapplers on 20 inch rockstars. My question is, since the frames of the Yuk and my ECSB are the exact same length, can I just swap bodies and engines? I know that it can be done but any imput that you may have would be great. Thanks and sorry I wrote a damn novel.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not just swap the suspension to your frame? would be much easier

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
Due to nebraska and south dakota winters my frame is almost cheese grated and actually tweaked a bit..the yuk's from texas and the frame is dead on.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
The crossmembers and mounting points are different on the two frames. I think it is possible, but it would be a lot of work.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah the body mount's will be in the wrong place, and the rear frame shape is different than it is in a truck, but anything is possible, it just depends on how much work your ready for.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Yeah the body mount's will be in the wrong place, and the rear frame shape is different than it is in a truck, but anything is possible, it just depends on how much work your ready for.

This, IMO do the best to save your current frame, then get a ECSB frame later on.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
Got the Yuk in the back yard so theres no hurry..gonna take the body off the truck next weekend and start grinding on the frame. See how much I can repair before I get too much time and money into it then throw the rxc on the sierra for now. Thanks for the input.