Chassis frame swap 99 to 95

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Susanlittle

Reaction score
I have a 99 classic (square body) tahoe 4 door 4x4 the frame is bent and no one will fix it.

I found a 95 4x4 4 door tahoe with a good frame for free can I use this frame on my 99? I'm being told yes and I'm being told no I'm just needing answers at this point.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I have a 99 classic (square body) tahoe 4 door 4x4 the frame is bent and no one will fix it.

I found a 95 4x4 4 door tahoe with a good frame for free can I use this frame on my 99? I'm being told yes and I'm being told no I'm just needing answers at this point.

You do not have a Squarebody, they ended in 1991.

I believe the two frames you are asking about are the same, but I don't know that for sure. It could be that whoever is telling you "No", is getting confused with the change in truck platforms in 1999.

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The same. Just change over the crossmember for the transmission which will unbolt. I put a 1995 frame in my 1999. The same thing, got hit, "laddered" , and the frame was not fixable. Also make sure you change the u bolts for the rear, they will bend in a stiff wind !! Change the brake lines and fuel lines because they will be rotten !!!!