Por-15 on frame question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
The thickest black nitrile gloves from Horrible Fright are longer, almost like gauntlets.

First put a generous amount of hand lotion or petroleum jelly on your hands and arms. Face, neck, and especially ears.

Next put on kitchen garbage bags with your fingers punched through.

Then put your most hated long sleeve shirt on over the kitchen garbage bags.

Finally put the gloves on over the kitchen bags and the cuffs of the shirt.

Use alcohol wipes to clean any residue off the gloves so you can't contaminate the work surface.

Then is you're really careful you will only get 1/3 of the can on your skin.:biggrin:

Goggles or a full face shield are a must. And both are preferred over safety glasses.

My buddy's Dad has a chemist friend that said the stuff is Krazy Glue dissolved in epoxy.

+ 392,000,000 on the respirator! A pressurized (fresh air) respirator!

POR 15 is an isocyanate (super glue) that moisture cures and will cause instant permanent lung damage if inhaled.
Treat it like plutonium!

BOSCO76

Reaction score
Oh boy! Sounds like what I told myself, I'm just going to clean the frame up some.
This is where I started...
You must be registered for see images attach

I just couldn't stop myself from the rabbit hole.

Ben Barrow

Reaction score
I did my frame with POR 15 about 3 years ago. There are some spots that are peeling off and some spots that have held up very well. Followed instructions (cleaned off all loose rust and buildup, metal prep, wax and grease remover), but still have some bad spots. If it gets on your skin (it probably will), just put some acetone on a paper towel, and it wipes off pretty good.

99Yak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use 4:1 boiled linseed oil to Penatrol. Then paint over it with black Rustoleum. Sounds crazy but it really holds up. And it's CHEAP.

It doesn't like bright shiny metal. Just get the loose stuff off.