POLL, underhood body color or black?

underhood exterior color or black?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Blue, it would alot better. Every one seems to paint them black, but in my opinion, its like having black door jams and a blue exterior, it looks kind of funny when youd open the doors IMO. But i vote blue, would really help finish off a clean look to a truck when you open the hood!

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Blue, it would alot better. Every one seems to paint them black, but in my opinion, its like having black door jams and a blue exterior, it looks kind of funny when youd open the doors IMO. But i vote blue, would really help finish off a clean look to a truck when you open the hood!

^^ This is why I voted blue!

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok blue.....Since seeing some of the truck pics here I deff changed my mind.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think when i voted i miss read what you wrote but now changed my mind to blue.

Heres mine cleaned up with blue firewall and inner fenders to give you an idea since your going blue
You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really think I am going to go with blue, like the wife said I can always change it to black if I don't like it. I'll just buy an extra quart of base and another gallon of clear to be sure.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I voted blue...........but only if you're going to do it right by pulling everything off and preping/filling as needed.

severedchris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking lime green with zebra print poka dots...seems to be in style if you go to your local target..just kidding...I voted blue..keep it simple

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think blue would look awesome with billet or chrome motor parts and a orange block and heads.. man it would look clean and try to hide and clean up your wires as much as possible. then paint your mastercylender and brake booster a gloss black unless you want to buy chrome ones.. just my opinion

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
actually all of you ropinions are pretty much exactly what I'm doing, have been doing, etc.

hiding things and wires, been doing it,

chrome and billet, got some, got more to go on,

clean and paint it all yep, gonna take inner fenders and outer fender off, sand smooth, prep for normal paint, remove as much from the firewall as possible, not sure on removing the radiator support, might, not sure yet.

My block is orange, heads are silver, gotta retouch all of them though.

As for the MC and booster, I was really debating, aint sure if I like blue on it or not, thought of it, then thought on black, the booster is black, rest aint.

I also question the fan shroud, I like it blue, but then again sometimes i think, nah.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well underhood is officailly going to be blue. I just got 2 spray cans mixed the same blue the exterior is going to be.

It's 2011-2012 Saab waterworld metallic. I checkd it out again today, it's a nice blue I like it alot. It's fairly dark, around the indigo blue or darker, and alot of flake.