POLL, underhood body color or black?

underhood exterior color or black?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Going to repaint my truck sometime, hopefully soon. I've done black underhood alot, and it works, gloss black, not anything else. I am strongly considering doing the firewall and inner fenders etc. blue to match the blue outside color I plan to use. engine staying orange, frame staying black.

what do you guys think.

blue to match outside or gloss black, only choices lol.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow I'm the only one voted for blue.

I love the black, I've just done it on I don't know how many vehicles now and thinking of mixing it up some.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My vote is black, would be to hard to keep a color clean under there imo...

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
black is even worse, shows every dirt spec. not to mention it'd most likely be rusto quart, brushed or rolled on showing the brush or roller marks unless I thin and spray, not real sure on. I see we got more blue votes now, but as for doing it after the c/i hood, gotta be before, the entire truck is getting done, have to jamb it all first then do the outside. My goal is to do underhood if it's gonna be blue, do the door jambs, and tailgate jambs(bed's get lined) then any over spray on the exterior will get sanded off, masked off good and spray the entire outside the same blue.

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
blue. black makes it look like a hackjob color change. IMO

We just did my firewall this summer. I shaved the a/c holes and some other holes in it. Kinda wish I would have done more but I got a little cramped for time.
You must be registered for see images attach