Plus Sized Grandpa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Ok so had some more good weather this weekend so finished up the interior. See pics

Not happy with the fit of the Husky over the hump unit but it will keep crap off my new carpet.

Just hope will warn up real good this summer and relax down a bit and mold to the floor pan a little better.

You must be registered for see images attach

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Also can not wait to get rid of this steering wheel. New upper shaft from an 04 CTS will be here Friday. New wheel will go in next weekend I guess.

Moderately happy with how the seats cleaned up. Just made me want to get a gray leather '14-18 interior in there all the worse.

Also did the gray UltiMat from DashMat. Love them. Go in just about everything I drive.

More

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Also mounted up a nice stainless steel exhaust tip. I realize this is just for looks but to me it cleans up the appearance so much compared to an old galvanized pipe.

It's a 3" in 4" out. Double walled stainless.

Had to trip back the old pipe about 8"

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Lastly today I installed the Rough Country rear fender well liners for the GMT800.

I really wanted these to clean up the look of the rear part of the truck. Was not sure they would fit but rolled the dice. For $90 I'm VERY happy with how they turned out.

I made the mistake of thinking I had to remove the fender flare on the first side (pass.) I did.

Turns out that is not necessary and kind of a bit of a pain in the ass. Also it did not mount back in super flush on the first go. Anyone else have a problem with this?

It's basically just like the carpet. A lot of cramming and trimming. I used a oscillating blade on a Milwaukee multitool I had. Worked great for the ABS.

Then just mount on either side of the bed supports bolts and voila. They are in there tight and secure.

Ironically I did not even have any idea which side was which so I just fit them how I thought it looked best. Trimmed so the rear leaf has some travel and was pleased with the results. On to pics as that is why everyone is here.

Jermu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You're a bad influence, I tell ya. My wallet hates me already for all the ideas I've got for my truck and you just gave me a whole lot more of them :D That rear well liner for example is perfect, everything under there gets so grimy and rusts easily because of all the rocks slinging about and I would've never thought of a liner like that but now I've just got to get one, cleans up the look of the whole area! Beautiful build so far

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Do it! Wasnt that bad of a job. Could do a better job next time but I'm happy with the result for the most part and most people won't know it isn't factory

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Also anyone know the brand of this crush guard? I really like it and bought it second hand.

The seller did not have the right brackets so I fabbed some up in a rush one day to get it on and out of the garage floor.

But would like to get the proper ones. Mine are beefy 3/16 steel plate but fiddling with the alignment etc is a PITA.