Plus Sized Grandpa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
I hope it goes well for you. Definitely sitting up there. I'm old and lame, and generally lower them, lots easier to load things in the bed.

You have done some quality work, and I definitely approve of that! Your attention to detail is awesome.

Thanks doot!

You got the 4” tuff country lift right? How bad was the install?

A bear of a job man. At least to the extent I've taken it with all the rebuild/refinish n paint etc.

Fit of kit is 6-7 out of 10. Finish is 8 of 10.

If you're not experienced and have a wide array of tools this is not the job to tackle yourself. In retrospect I would have farmed it out had I not wanted to refinish it all while gutted.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks doot!

A bear of a job man. At least to the extent I've taken it with all the rebuild/refinish n paint etc.

Fit of kit is 6-7 out of 10. Finish is 8 of 10.

If you're not experienced and have a wide array of tools this is not the job to tackle yourself. In retrospect I would have farmed it out had I not wanted to refinish it all while gutted.
Well I rebuilt my front end by myself so i try to convince myself that i can do it. I am thinking of going with the same lift but not sure if i want a 6” i think i may just go with 4” because im never gonna go offroad or anything just for looks. Truck looks amazing by the way though, great work

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
LOL, glad I checked this thread out. Nice to start the day with a good laugh.

Excellent work phatphuck.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Got it down on the front tires! Pretty crab-legged when it first got there.

You must be registered for see images attach

I fixed that by eye and took it for a maiden voyage! Around the block once. Not funny noises or interference yet from that run! I am hopeful!

I take back what I said about 4" being too high. I think it looks perfect with 33s.